Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh, you're a runner?

First of all, let's not stand on ceremony. I'm Fernando, I'm 31 and I'm Data nerd from Dallas, Texas. I'm an under achieving Database Engineer/Consultant/Architect/Manager/Scientist. I spend my days spelunking around in the bowels of Database Engines, and leading a staff of Database Engineers. I also have a healthy obsession with lifting weights, and running long distances. Last year my body begged me to stop playing semi pro tackle football. As I closed in on my thirties my body was no longer able to deal with hard hits from playing the pig skin. So, I had to take my competitive juices else where. I settled on running, and pushing my body to the extreme. This year, I plan on running 6 total marathons. In March of this year I ran in the Los Angeles marathon. This was a great event. Very well planned, and executed. If you want to really site see in Log Angeles I would recommend this event. You will run along side most of the LA hot sports. In April I ran in the Big D marathon in Dallas, Texas. This event was horribly planned, and even more poorly executed. The course was mundane, the hydration stations were subpar, and the police directing traffic almost allowed a car to hit me. My advice would be to not participate in Mellew Production events. They have very low standards. My latest event was the San Francisco marathon. This was a great and challenging course. It takes you all over San Francisco, and the hills may not have eyes, but they will kick your ass. The hydration stations were plenty, and had adequate help. Every mile marker there was a medic station, and the staff was helpful. The crowd control was excellent, and I never felt as if I was going to die during the course. My next event will be back in the state of Texas. In good old Odessa Texas. There is nothing to do in Odessa, but run, and get out of town. This will be in October. In November I'll be traveling back to the Golden State to San Diego for a marathon. The night cap will be in Las Vegas in December. Over the next few weeks and months leading up to the Cross Roads Marathon in Odessa, Texas. I'll blog about my training regiment, eating habits, leading up to live blogging during the run. The most important thing I'll be doing is raising money for different charities. I would appreciate any donations to the cause I'm running for. My goal is to leave the world in a better place than I found it. If that means running 26 miles to raise money to help push science forward to help stop terrible diseases, then I'm all for it.


Fernando

1 comment:

  1. We all attempt to change the world one way or another some for the better others just to leave their unwanted offspring to suckle on the tit of the welfare offices. Like the blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete